UPU9034 : Karlstor, Munich

in der Nähe von München, Regierungsbezirk Oberbayern, Bayern

Karlstor, Munich
Karlstor, Munich
The Karlstor was originally known as the Neuhauser Tor but was renamed in 1797 after Karl Theodor. The Elector created a new square near the Karlstor, officially known as Karlsplatz but still often referred to as Stachus. The gate was integrated into the plans for the new square by adding wings to each side of the gate, creating a semi-circular square.

The Karlstor originally had three towers, but the tallest, central tower was destroyed in 1857 when the gunpowder that was stored in the tower exploded. The two side towers were renovated in 1861 after a neo-gothic design by the Italian architect Domenico Zanetti.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Hoare und lizenziert unter dieser Creative Commons Licence.
Aufnahmejahr
2010
Planquadrat
UPU9034, 23 Bilder   (Weitere in der Nähe)
Fotograf
Richard Hoare   (Weitere in der Nähe)
Klassifikation
Geobild
Aufgenommen
Di, 26. Januar 2010   (Weitere in der Nähe)
Eingereicht
Mo, 8. Februar 2010
Kategorie
Tor   (Weitere in der Nähe)
Koordinaten des Motivs
MGRS 32: geotagged! UPU 9095 3494 [10m Genauigkeit]
WGS84: 48°8'20,52"N 11°34'0,49"O
Koordinaten des Fotografen
MGRS 32: geotagged! UPU 9099 3493
Blickrichtung
Westnordwest (etwa 292 Grad)
Klickbare Karte
Klickbare Karte
+

Einem Freund
schicken > >


Auflistung der Bilder in UPU9034

Diesen Ort betrachten: KML (Google Earth), Bing MapsExternal link, OSMExternal link, Geograph Map (zonenlos), geotagged! Mehr Links zum Bild
NW N NO
W Nach O
SW S SO
[Markieren
Nicht angemeldet: Anmelden | Registrieren  [de|en]